1. Whole Wheat Pasta - Whole wheat helps to maintain your blood insulin levels and also prevents your body from depositing fat. These aren't light on calories so watch your serving size. Too much of a healthy things is still too many calories and will result in weight gain.
2. Lean Meat - Protein is the substance that actually helps a meal hold you off till the next one. It's also the easiest nutrient for your body to use. Fuel your body with lean protein to help build lean muscle and burn more calories throughout the day.
3. Dairy Products - Low-fat and a great source of protein, what's not to love? Usually the best snacks to eat after a workout as they have a great balance of protein, fats and carbs. Surprisingly a class of 2% chocolate milk is as close to the perfect recovery drink you can get.
4. Beans - They're cheap, loaded with protein, but that's not all, add that they're a great source of fiber and you have not only the magical fruit, but a great food for weight loss. They're are also incredibly versatile. You can season them up and add them to almost any meal helping you feel more full and eat less overall.
5. Colorful Produce - Go beyond the one apple a day. These are usually low in calories and high in fiber and sometimes water. So you can fill up in more ways than one without really filling up the calorie tank.
Don't forget to connect with us on Facebook